A note about fillGradient and Co.

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:34:17 EDT 2009

If you have started "playing about" with RevMedia 4 dp-4
and/or the Studio preview with Ben Beaumont's demo stacks
you should have come up against

fillGradient
opacity
blend mode
color
filter
spread
size
distance
angle
source

Now, what it took slow thinkers like me a while to work out
is that as the parameters of these are all stored as arrays
one can have a look at those parameters by doing something
like this:

on mouseUp
   get the fillGradient of grc "GRAFIK"
   combine it using return and colon
   put it into fld "fillGrad"
end mouseUp

and one finds out all sorts of surprising, and as yet,
undocumented components to those graphic settings.

For instance, with fillGradient one finds these:

from
mirror
quality
ramp
1.00000,255,255,255
repeat
type
via
wrap

Now, I am well aware for the "old lags" this is screamingly obvious,
but to 8 year newbies like myself it is not.