Distributing Mac apps

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Sep 27 00:27:05 EDT 2009

I'm one of those renegades that insists on moving non-apple apps into a
directory named "Applications Third Party" at the same level as the
Application Folder. The App folder is a mess when one puts more than the
Apple apps in there. Inside the third party folder, I separate the apps by
function, like AV,Graphics, Internet, etc. I also use directories around
most of my third party apps to contain docs and serial numbers. Only a
couple apps have complained.
 I HATE IT when a third party application *insists* on being in the
'Application Folder'. I just have too many applications..  I want to use my
own organizational system. I assume Apple apps always want to be there.
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev