Running a stack from the On-Rev server.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Sep 26 09:20:18 EDT 2009

Alex Tweedly wrote:

>> Hmmm. Are you saying issue this command from within an irev script? I
>> don't
>> think it works from there. Or, to be more precise, I just tried it,
>> and it
>> didn't work for me. Of course I changed the appropriate parts first.

I can confirm this definitely works for me. I can do put URL "ftp...."
and successfully put into a file on a different webservwe (on a
different site - www.tweedly.net from my www.alextweedly.on-rev.com
account).

> It seems like cron and curl could be used to periodically trigger a
> URL request - which could be to an irev script on your own site, and
> that irev script could then do any file distributions required.
Also confirmed. I created a cron job to do "curl
www.kilmelford.com/datetime.irev" once per minute, and all that irev
script does is write the current date/time into a log file, so in effect
it triggers an irev script from cron.

-- Alex.