Renaming and Deleting

Ray Horsley Ray at LinkIt.Com
Fri Sep 25 12:35:33 EDT 2009

Greetings Users,

I've discovered that rename oldFolderPath to newFolderPath doesn't
work on Windows.  (Works fine on Mac as far as I can tell.)  I'm not
trying to relocate a folder, just rename it.  No files in the folder
are open when I try to do this.

I've also discovered that delete file myFilePath doesn't work for
certain files depending on which platform you're on.  I've made sure
these files are not open while I'm trying to delete them.  On the Mac
I can't delete a stand alone.  I also can't delete bundles such as the
revbrowser.bundle or revexternals.bundle files.  On Windows I can
delete a standalone but I can't delete the corresponding dll files
such as revbrowser.dll or revxml.dll.  The only thing I get in the
result is "can't delete that file".

Does anybody have any 'insudtrial strength' ways in which a folder can
be renamed and these particular files can be deleted.

Thanks,

Ray Horsley
LinkIt! Software