Running a stack from the On-Rev server.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Sep 23 17:29:29 EDT 2009

Jim Bufalini wrote:
> Do you know a way, simple or not, ;-) to populate "mirrors" (other
> commercial shared server services you may have) with your download, directly
> from on-Rev, using an irev script? Obviously, from a client, you can write a
> Rev script to FTP up to multiple servers. But I'm wondering if you have a
> way to populate other servers with your to be downloaded files, directly
> from on-Rev, once the file(s) have been uploaded there.

There are a few ways, depending on what you wish to do.

You can do something like
    put URL ("file:new.mp3") into
("ftp://user:password@ftp.site.com/mp3s/this.mp3")

and simply have the script that handles uploading do the distribution
immediately. Or have the script check for "new" files in the relevant
directories (maybe write a log file so it knows when it last ran), and
re-distribute all files with later modified date.

I think there would be a way to run the rev script from the command line
(and hence as a cron job) if you wanted to do that - but I haven't tried
that yet (might need to wait for the cgi version of Rev to be on on-Rev).

(Actually - if anyone knows the answer to that, I'd be grateful to hear
it :-)

-- Alex.