Running a stack from the On-Rev server.

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Sep 23 08:25:24 EDT 2009

Hi Francis,

You can set a password for a directory and prevent downloading the MP3
files without password. For a demo, you could use small 20 seconds
fragments of the same MP3 files and put those into a different,
unprotected directory. You can download the files using a put URL
command. Put the MP3 files into the application data folder on Windows
and the application support folder on Mac.

If you are able to build standalones, you can make a zip file of the
standalone and upload it. Just point to the zip file in e-mails and
html files to allow people to download the standalone.

It would help potential customers very much if you provided an (.exe)
installer for Windows, which installs the standalone automatically.
For Mac users, just put all files inside the application package of
the standalone and tell them to copy the entire thing into their
application folder.

Btw, if you have more than 1 server, you can write a simple irev
script to randomly write out HTML files with links to different
mirrors. That might spread your bandwidth.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com