Datagrid Drag and Drop

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Sep 22 09:34:17 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Josep wrote:

> I need use drag and drop between datagrids and others objects, how
> to begin?
> I need perform operations like exec sql sentences or print.
>
> Any tip about how begin to handle this?

At RunRevLive I used an updated version of the Data Grid with built-in
support for drag reordering and setting the dragImage for drag/drop.

http://tr.im/data_grid

I haven't documented it yet but starting a drag and drop operation
with the row being dragged on displayed as the dragImage is really easy:

##
## Data Grid Group Script
##
on dragStart
     ## use current row as dragImage
     put the dgIndex of the dgDataControl of the target into theIndex
     set the dgDragImageIndex of me to theIndex

     ## Set dragData to start drag operation
     set the dragData["private"] to "My Data"
end dragStart

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems