tab for next cell in DataGrid

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Mon Sep 21 15:15:07 EDT 2009

Thanks for your kind answers, Trevor.

Trevor wrote :
 >The GLX App Framework won't affect tabbing in data grids as it doesn't
 >process any tabkey messages.

 >Is it possible that an error is occurring in a CloseFieldEditor/
 >ExitFieldExitor or OpenFieldEditor message in your data grid?

I don't think that an error is occuring, as a test datagrid also has
the same behavior (does not open the next cell on tabbing).
I want with the insertion point in an open cell, with a tabKey open
the next cell on the same line (and close the one that was open). So
fill in a cell, hit tabKey, fill in next cell, etc.
Is it a custom property I have to set? I don't think so, as I have
not found it.
So I tried to write a handler in the datagrid grp script (see below).

I am sure that this is easy, but after a long search and many trys, I
just can't find the last bit.

I have the following handler, which works ok.
I only need now to get the Column name of the open cell. How will I
do that?
  dgHilitedLines gives me the LineNr, but how to get the name of the
Column of the open cell ?

on rawkeyDown tkey
    if tkey = 65289    then   -- tabkey
         get the dgHilitedIndexes of grp "datagrid 1"
	put it into tLineNr

--  HOW to get the Column Name of the open cell ??????

--   for now to test the rest
       put "Col 2" into tCol
--
       set the dgHilitedLines of grp "DataGrid 1"  to tLineNr
       dispatch "EditCell" to group "DataGrid 1"  with tCol, tLineNr

    pass rawkeyDown
end rawkeyDown

Many thanks & warm greetings,

Beat Cornaz