[teaser] Mac OS X external

Jérôme Rosat jrosat at mac.com
Mon Sep 21 14:24:33 EDT 2009

Le 21 sept. 2009 à 01:36, Sarah Reichelt a écrit :

> This is the price we pay for using a cross-platform tool.

I can’t share your point of view on this. I can't see the reason which
prevents from creating a button which respects the Apple Human
Interface Guidelines for example.

> However you can set the font and with the new graphic effects, you can
> make gradient buttons.

Of course I can, and I do it, but I prefer to spend time to develop,
not to improve the elements of the interface.

> Tool bars are easy enough to make yourself, although allowing the
> standard customization would be a neat trick which I have never
> bothered with. (I never have enough options to need it.)
>
> Then you start running into the same issues that Rev has i.e. if you
> make your app look too much like a standard Mac app, then it won't
> look like a Windows app for Windows users, without a lot of effort on
> your part. I think this is what profiles are good for, but I never
> really got into using profiles.

Sorry, but personally, I prefer to make a standard Mac app that it
won't look like a Windows app for Windows users than the opposite ;-)

Jérôme