convert oddity

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Sep 20 15:52:26 EDT 2009

I have a CGI which stores dates using internet date format.

In one of my CGI routines I use the convert command to reformat the date
into a more user-friendly form:

     convert tTimeStamp to long date and short time

The oddity is that the convert command running on the server shows the
time portion as 8 hours ahead of the value in the original timestamp.

I've also used seconds instead of the internet date, with the same result.

I've verified that the CGI is storing the correct timestamp, and when I
run the same convert on my local machine it always converts correctly.

Is there something odd about using the convert command in a CGI that I
don't know about?

FWIW, I'm not using the useSystemDate, and since the server is in my
time zone that shouldn't affect it anyway.

What am I missing?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World