[ANN] tRev Feature Friday Video is up!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 18 13:24:20 EDT 2009

Jerry Daniels wrote:
> Three new features:
>
> - Auto-complete within property (Raptor) handlers!
> - Auto-complete custom properties within in any handler!
> - Select Structure lets you find the beginning & end of any structure
>
> Shortcut for Select Structure is command+(

Congrats on rolling this into your editor.

Glad to see you were able to overcome the performance issue you were
initially concerned about.  The final result seems to run as fast as the
script I posted here Tuesday.  Rev's speed makes so many things
possible. :)  Good work.

On the keyboard shortcut, do you currently use Cmd-) for anything?

When I was adding this to ROSE Tuesday morning I ran the idea by Ken who
also uses that editor, and he was concerned about selecting the text
making it too easy to accidentally delete it.  Sure, there's Undo, but
he suggested we implement two different variants of Select Structure,
one which does the selection like BBEdit does, and one which merely
shows the structure visually without altering the selection.

So I've built mine with both, one using an underlying graphic to show
the structure, as well as the simpler version which just selects the text.

If you're using Cmd-( for Select Structure, I would be inclined to use
Cmd-) for Show Structure, unless it conflicts with other keyboard
shortcuts folks might be accustomed to.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World