Deploy to Linux

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 17 17:27:33 EDT 2009

> If you SIMPLY run-off a Linux standalone on Linux there is
> absolutely no need
> for fancy packaging as the standalone is a single file (unless, ha,
> ha, you are
> storing and referencing data externally: a minefield mainly
> resulting in
> headaches and lack of sleep).

Hmm... we do that with a stack file for prefs and a SQLite db for the
application data. On Windows these are located in the user's
application data folder on mac they are located in their preferences
folder. So I'd need to create a data folder in some appropriate
location on Linux too. Any ideas where that would be?

Cheers

Monte