Is this sort of thing a bug?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 17 13:13:18 EDT 2009

David Bovill wrote:
>> put the name of stack "revLibrary" into stackObject
>> put "stack" && quote & "revSaving" & quote && stackObject into stackObject
>> put the long name of stackObject into correctResult
>> put correctResult
>
> Yes - looks like I'll have to go through the library of handlers that deal
> with stacks and check for this - the library contains handlers which are
> passed a reference to a stack in the variable stackObject. Looks like this
> can fail with substacks.

All stacks in Rev, whether sub or main, can only have one in memory at
any given time with the same name.  So effectively, stack names act as
IDs in that they are a unique identifier.

Given this, you should be able to simply refer to the long name of the
substack without needing to explicitly include its mainstack:

   put the long name of stack "revSaving" into tStackObject

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World