Is this sort of thing a bug?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Sep 17 10:14:58 EDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 9:31 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> I'm not sure how to file this - it is a fairly basic gotcha with
> object
> references - I'd say it was a bug?
>
> Put the following in the message box:

> It's a case where storing the reference to an object in a variable -
> in this
> case
>
> put the name of stack "revLibrary" into stackObject
>
> does not work constantly. Things like this make it hard to pass around
> object references from handler to handler in a consistent way. Would
> you say
> that was a bug?

It seems like that should work as written so I think it would be worth
filing. If you need to get this working now just build up your dynamic
reference (which you probably already thought of but I'll point out
anyway).

put the name of stack "revLibrary" into stackObject
put "stack" && quote & "revSaving" & quote && stackObject into
stackObject
put the long name of stackObject into correctResult
put correctResult

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems