How to create a n-tier app with Revolution

Jérôme Rosat jrosat at mac.com
Wed Sep 16 18:29:27 EDT 2009

Jim,

Wouaw ! (a French expression which expresses my admiration)

Thank you very much for these explanations.

To be honest, I imagined a simpler concepte for my POC ;-)

> This particular customer design requires that all the Rev apps be
> running constantly 24/7, so cgi is not a good option.

Why cgi is not a good option ? In your case or generally in a n-tier
structure developed with Revolution ?

> I use PHP in apache to receive a query from outside, then a UDP
> socket to send a packet to the revAgent.app on that same computer.

If I understand the structure well, the Mac mini, on which runs the
Apache server, "distributes work" to the other Mac min ?

> In a few weeks I should have some working examples that I will make
> available as public examples, especially for members of this list.
> I will convert it to an all-Rev demo and notify you in the next week
> or two when it is ready.

Thank you again, it will be very instructive.

Jérôme