Groups: Bugs and features ("last group" broken)?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 17:20:02 EDT 2009

Wilhelm:

Workarounds. That is one of the endearing things about Rev.

I still like the templateGroup method, where, for example, you could set
the name of each new group to some text (like "groupNumber") appended with the
number of groups plus 1. So the last group of 15 would be:

group "groupNumber15"

This ties up the name of the templateGroup, of course.

Ken Ray suggested trapping the "newGroup" message. I suppose you could use
this to set a property or the group name, similar to the templateGroup
scenario.

Any of these can get you any group you need, just querying them all.

Craig Newman