Re: What's with the ¥ character?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 17:00:36 EDT 2009

I know I should back away from Mr Horsley's challenge. :-)

The only thing I can think of is that the Yen character is not the
same character in all places in your script.

With Japanese fonts, the Yen character is often displayed instead of
the backslash character. (Perhaps on Windows only) So if you have a
"real" yen character in one place and a backslash in another place,
you may not get the results you expect.

I also wondered that if it were really a backslash character, it might
have some effect on the following character (as in regular
expressions) but I don't think lineOffset and filter are affected by
this.

Cheers
Dave