What's with the ¥ character?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Tue Sep 15 14:22:13 EDT 2009

May I'm wrong, but I think there is something odd about the yen sign (¥)

I have a pait of almost identical scripts  and each one is applied to
a custom property. Among other things, the script filters the custom
property with a certain item.

In the first case, the item will be a letter and a number (a1, b2, c4,
h3, p1, etc.)

In the second case, the item will be the same with a ¥ as the first
character (¥a1, ¥b2, ¥c4, ¥h3,¥1 p1, etc.).

get lineoffset(line z in tText, the catsGrund of this stack)
put item 2 of line it in the catsGrund of this stack into tFilter --
a1, b2, c4, h3, p1, etc. or ¥a1,¥ b2, ¥c4,
               ¥h3,¥1 p1, etc.--
filter tempList with "*" & tFilter & "*"
put the num of lines in templist into fld ("tn" & z)

In the script applied to the custom property without the ¥ symbol, the
script works. In the one with the ¥ sympol it doesn't work. Could this
have something to do with how Rev deals with the ¥ char in a custom
property?

I'm just curious, because I've already worked around it using

repeat for each line X in templist
       if tfilter is in item 6 in X or tfilter is in item 7 in X in L
then put L & cr after zTemp
end repeat

It works fine and within a millisecond or two just as fast, but again,
I'm curious about that ¥.

Cheers!

Lars