Need a Slide rule. Was: Two questions about trev

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 13:47:02 EDT 2009

I had suggested a while back that a horizontal character counting ruler in
the script editor would allow one to find the char where an error occurs,
which can be a pain in a long line. Such a ruler, accompanied by a slide rule
like cursor, would also allow one to visually align the indentations of
nested if-then and repeat structures. I actually sometimes use a straightedge to
find ifs and their associated end-ifs.

I cannot figure out a way to make a semitransparent Rev app, which would do
the job nicely. Or a semi-transparent dashboard widget; I could overlie the
script editor with it and throw away my straightedge.

Nobody thought this was a cool amenity though.

Craig Newman