The $%$#%#$%# Rev Geometry

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Sep 13 20:44:08 EDT 2009

2009/9/13 Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com>

> Stephen,
>
> I've struggled with and successfully used Geometry Manager and agree with
> you that the UI is very inviting.
>
> There are two tricks I've found for making it work better.
>        1. If in doubt click "Remove All" at the Geometry UI setting and
> reset it.

of course.

>        2. If you are using it in comparison with another object, rather
> than the card dimensions, make sure the object is a low level object. I've
> found that you will get strange results this isn't done.

Not sure what you mean by 'lower level object". How can I make the desired
object relate to the stack/card size?

Also will groups have problems or do they usually stay together ( avoiding
any geometry inside ) ?

Do I have to assure that the 'resizestack' event reaches each object?

> I sure wish Rev would fix the Geometry Manager. It is a stumbling block for
> most new users.

Well, I"m not new, and it's definitely a stumbling block for me. Thanks
Bill.