The $%$#%#$%# Rev Geometry

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Sep 13 18:21:32 EDT 2009

Ok I've been a Rev user since 2001, and many times I've tried to use the
geometry manager and it will work for a while, then BLAM, add or change
something (like add a new card) , then everything to the right gets wider -
a major mess. This happens sooner or later on EVERY stack I try to use
geometry.

Once in a while someone will mention rev geometry on this list,  and the
pundits will invariably say... "Geometry -- no big deal, just do it yourself
- it's easy. Don't use Rev geometry. "

But the Rev interface has such an intuitive interface to RevGeometry, I
really want to use it. If it's broken, how is it used? If it's in there, why
can't I just use it?

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Really, it was working
quite well for many days... now I can't change anything on the stack without
this thing falling apart. I didn't change the size of anything, just tried
to add a new card.

If I have to go "commando" with geometry, does anyone have a guide?

thanks

sqb