Problems with snow leopard

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Sep 13 18:10:20 EDT 2009

As a long time mac user from the beginning, I've always thought the type and
creator codes were VERY useful to eliminate the ambiguity of what to launch
and I put down the PC method of using suffixes as being brain dead. It is
sad to see the Mac OS do another thing to make it more like Windblows. I
registered the codes creator "BARN" and document "rtfd" back in the early
90's. Obviously the second one Apple decided to use anyway for Textedit. (I
had my own rtf format with image references imbedded.) Aren't these things
still relevant? On 2009-09-13, Dave Cragg <dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk>
wrote: > I haven't installed Snow Leopard, so can't check this. > > I've
read that with Snow Leopard, the Finder no longer uses creator > and type
codes as a way of linking files to applications. I'm guessing > this might
have an effect of the result of double-clicking on a file. > For example,
perhaps the Finder is now trying to launch the file with > an older version
of Rev which doesn't recognize the current stack > format. > > Could that
explain what you're seeing? > > Dave >