[ANN] tRev Feature Friday Video

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:37:11 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Sarah Reichelt
<sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I am still waiting in hope for new features that let me use tRev for
>> editing .irev files.
>> I'm not greedy - I don't need any integration with  the On-Rev client, or
>> even any ability to handle include files to allow clever searches for
>>  handler definitions - just enabling the "open file .." and letting us have
>> the nice editor capabilities on a basic script file would be wonderful.
>
> I would love this too, and have been considering a work-around.
> What about making a stack that listed all the irev files in a selected folders.
> When you wanted to edit one, it could create a button, set the script
> of that button to the contents of the irev file and start editing it.
> When finished, a Save button could write the script back to the irev file.

I've just put together a stack that does this and it seems to work perfectly.
I haven't tried uploading any edited files yet (does On-Rev require
any particular line endings?) and it doesn't create new files yet, but
if anyone wants to test it, let me know off-list and I'll email a
copy.

Since compiling the script seems to work fine with irev and HTML all
intermingled, I guess that RunRev/Jerry has already been working on
something like this.

Now I just need to incorporate it with my existing FTP stack, and I'll
have a system :-)

Cheers,
Sarah