Weird email sending rejection from on-rev using Sarah's library

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Wed Sep 9 15:53:46 EDT 2009

I'm using Sarah Reichelt's SMTP library, which has worked well for me
for many years (thanks, Sarah!).  I'm now asking it to send mail via
one of my on-rev email addresses (I use on-rev to host my
luceatlux.com domain):
	Email address gbrackett at luceatlux.com
	Username: (correct - Apple mail uses the same one)
	SMTP server: mail.luceatlux.com with Authentication checked
	Password (correct - Apple mail uses the same one)

Using Sarah's latest stack, downloaded today, and attempting to send a
single email titled "Test" with message "This is a test of Sarah's
current library." I get an alert "Connection error: NotAuthenticated"
with the following log:

220-odin.on-rev.com ESMTP Exim 4.69 #1 Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:28:03 -0500
-> EHLO 172.16.1.7
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
-> QUIT
250-odin.on-rev.com Hello pool-96-233-30-16.bstnma.east.verizon.net
[96.233.30.16]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
->

Any ideas why this might happen?  As I say, Apple mail has no
difficulty with these parameters. Maybe there's a hint in the log?
Why does it mention bulk mail?

George