Quicktime and the Snow Leopard

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Sep 7 12:18:37 EDT 2009

The new QuickTime Player is fairly neat, and will do most of the
things that most people will need to do. For us who need to do more
complex editing, or adding of multiple tracks and so on, we can
install the QuickTime Player 7.

As for what Rev can play back, it's probably best to just try it, on
both a 10.6 machine that has had the optional QT7 install, and one
that hasn't. I have it installed, so if you have any QuickTIme files
you want me to try in Rev, let me know.

The only things that I know of that QTX has trouble playing is .MID
and QTVR. In RevMedia I can play an old QTVR panorama, a cubic QTVR,
and an MOV with a MID track in it (Rev hates just MID on its own, but
is fine with a MOV that has a video track and a MID track). This all
suggests that Rev is using QT7 features, so I'm not sure how a machine
that didn't have the optional install would get on.