What makes a line a line in a chunk expression?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 02:24:42 EDT 2009

I would suggest you do some testing to find the real cause(s) of the
situation.
There is a disconnect somewhere.
-- try this handler in a new stack with a single new option menu
button named "taskBar"

on menuPick theItem -- in a pulldown menu
    get the text of button "taskBar"
    --the dashes will indicate extra spaces
    get it & cr & "--" & the short name of button "taskBar" & "--"
    get it & cr & "--" & the label of button "taskBar" & "--"
    get it & cr & "--" & theItem & "--"
    put theItem is among the lines of IT into success

    put it & cr & cr & success into msg
end menuPick

This success shows true.

Jim Ault