What makes a line a line in a chunk expression?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Sun Sep 6 17:37:50 EDT 2009

On Sep 6, 2009, at 10:14 PM, Len Morgan wrote:

> I'm trying to go to a card based on the choice made in an option menu
> and it's not working right.  Here's the gist of what I'm doing:
>
> on menuPick pChoice
>    put the text of button "taskBar" into tChoices
>    if pChoice is among the lines of tChoices then
>        go to card pChoice
>    end if
> end menuPick
>
> For some reason, this doesn't work.  Is pChoice not a line?  Since
> some
> of the cards have multi-word names, I can't use "word".  Am I missing
> something?

Len,

I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work. pChoice doesn't have
to have a line break in it to be considered a line; the text just has
to match a full line of the contents of the button.

What happens when you try the individual commands in the message box?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University