Line Breaks Dropped on Importing Unicode Text

Joe F. joef1 at mac.com
Fri Sep 4 15:23:17 EDT 2009

The trick is to use uniencode/unidecode for everything.
Three separate examples:

  ask file "Name new file:" with "NewFile.xml"
  put "binfile:" & it into theNewFileName
  get the unicodetext of cd fld 1
  put unidecode(it,"utf8") into url (theNewFileName)
  set the unicodetext of cd fld 1 to uniencode(tMyUnicode,"utf8")
  put URL (theFTPRequest) into theDownLoadedText
  put uniencode(theDownLoadedText,"utf8") into theDownLoadedText
  put unidecode(theDownLoadedText,"ANSI") into cd fld 1 of cd id 4630