What is the current version of Rev?

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Fri Sep 4 09:23:04 EDT 2009

Nicolas and Len,

Please run check for updates.

Does it say there is one available? If so, accept the update and follow
prompts until "Finished"
Now exit and launch Revolution again. Check for updates again. This time it
should say you are up to date.

What you need to understand, at this point, is that just because you have
downloaded the latest version of Rev, you are not prevented from running
previous versions of Rev. There is an exception to this in that dp and rc
versions of Rev normally time-out. However, this time-out convention has
been disabled for the current 4.0 releases.

This means you can still run dp-3. Or, you can run dp-4. So now you need to
look at where you are running the Revolution IDE program from.

Look at where your Revolution IDE programs are located on your hard drive.
There should be a directory like Revolution Enterprise (if you run
revEnterprise). Under this directory should be (at least) two other
directories. 4.0.0-dp-3 and 4.0.0-dp-4. If you launch the revolution IDE
from the 4.0.0-dp-4 directory, then you are running dp-4.

Now, if you normally launch Rev by clicking on a .rev file, you may need to
change your file associations so that a .rev file is associated with dp-4
instead of dp-3. The update program usually gives you an option to change
your file associations to the latest version of rev. However it defaults to
No (which it should). So, you may need to do this manually if you want to
launch dp-4 when clicking on a .rev stack.

Hope this helps.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini