faxing from a rev stack?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 00:04:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Peter Brigham MD<pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in building a fax capability into one of my stack systems.
> I'm presuming that I'll need to call on a Mac fax application. Anyone know
> which app would be best to use and how to call on it it to fax by script
> from within rev?

Peter, I do this by using an online fax service that accepts emails
and sends them & their attachments out as faxes.
Unless you are sending lots of faxes, this is a lot cheaper than
buying a fax machine.

However, a lot of printers now have fax capability so if you have one
of them connected to your Mac, you might be able to do it using
AppleScript/Automator, but it's not something I have ever
investigated.

Cheers,
Sarah