Safe place to write a file under Vista

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Wed Sep 2 05:10:24 EDT 2009

Richard - 'the tempname' might be what you're after. ie.

put the tempname into tFile
-- do stuff with the file
delete file tFile

On my OS X machine, "put the tempname" gives this:
/private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/tmp0
(repeated calls will increment that trailing zero)

What it would be on windows, I don't know, but it will be an
appropriate equivalent.

Best,

Mark