On-Rev and Daylight Savings Time (Addendum)

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 17:13:34 EDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for your thoughtful response.  I had grappled with DST in
> another project that involved press releases that were time stamp
> GMT.  It was tricky.  I like your idea of getting the seconds every
> day at midnight.  That's clever, and I think I can incorporate that
> into my site.  Sarah has a cool time conversion page on her TrozWare
> site that I am going to study as well.

Glad you are getting to the bottom of this issue.
Remember, getting the seconds only does so for the operating system
Rev is running on.  I believe it will be the same for iRev, so when
they switch in Texas, you will see the change, then be able to compare
to your local value to see if that changes on the same evening.

I am going to be diving into iRev and time zone changes around the
world on web servers beginning the end of September, so this same
issue lies in my immediate future.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas