postgresql question

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Oct 31 21:09:56 EDT 2009

Mark-

Saturday, October 31, 2009, 5:41:04 PM, you wrote:

> Mark, I haven't done it either, but I read up on it a while ago - I
> think it involves receiving 2 salt values from the server, and is a
> two-step process:

> We have 2 salt values, salt1 and salt 2
> step : put md5digest(salt1 & username & password) into tTemp
> put md5digest(salt2 & tTemp) into tStringtosend

> I can't remember if tStringtosend should be hex or base64 encoded.
> You may also need to prepend "md5" to tStringtosend.

Thanks. Yeah, I read about prepending the "md5", but that didn't solve
the problem by itself. And I'm catenating the name and password (I
believe the password comes first, but since it's not working I
wouldn't swear to it). If you remember where you read about the salt
values, I'd love to see a url - I'll go digging myself.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net