revEnterprise dp-5 / revMedia beta / revWeb beta

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 31 18:24:47 EDT 2009

Richard Miller wrote:
> Just a moment ago, I got confirmation from a Rev engineer that they
> confirmed the problem and will presumably correct it.... shortly, I hope.
>
> Len Morgan wrote:
>> I can confirm that cascading menus in a revLet DON'T work right.
>> Comboboxes are a little flaky too but that is intermittent.  I use
>> cascading menus pretty much the way Richard discribed them.  I have a
>> Reports button and under that I have different groups of reports which
>> each have their own their own line on this menu.  I can't take the
>> mouse off of the original Reports button (top level of menus) without
>> it going away.
>>
>> On the same menu bar, selecting menus that only have a single level
>> work fine.  It's the cascade that causes the problem and since the
>> very first line of my Reports menu is a cascading menu, I can't select
>> anything below it either.

There are a two issues with cascade-style menus:

1. They don't draw using OS menus, but instead use emulated menus

2. They require that the mouse be held down, rather than just
    clicked as with other menus

But note that those are with the cascade menu button style, not with
using tab-spaced sub-menus in pullDown style buttons.

Was the note from Support that they would address cascade style menus
specifically, or with sub-menus in pullDown menus?

I sure hope it's the former, as I love using cascade styles for flyout
menus but have had to do some funky workarounds to get the to work
correctly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World