RevMedia Woes

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 31 14:45:18 EDT 2009

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:17:48 -0500
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: RevMedia Woes
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> James Hurley wrote:
>
>> The most troublesome thing about Rev animation for me is the basic
>> inability to move an object slowly and smoothly across the screen.
>>
>> No matter what combination of number of points, type of looping
>> method,
>> or loop timing, I always get a herky-jerky motion.
>>
>> This is a problem in the the desktop and is aggravated in the RevLet.
>>
>> It is noticeable on Rev's web site: http://revmedia.runrev.com/revMedia/
>> Notice, for example, the animation of: move image "Rev Icon" to the
>> points of graphic "Curve"
>
> Odd, it's very smooth on my iMac. No jerks at all. Could it be related
> to platform? Browser? CPU?
>
> --

Hi Jacque,

I don't think that's it. I have three Macs:  a Mini, a PowerBook, and
a MacBook Pro

It is the same on all three. The Rev icon stutters as it moves along
the curve.

The same is true when the coordinate axes are moved.

On the other hand, when I run the FlightControl video (http://www.firemint.com/flightcontrol/video.html
) on the same machines, the motion is quite smooth.

I don't mean to say that Rev is all that bad, For a lot of uses it
would be acceptable. I mean that I have not found a way to get really
smooth animation. There is always this stutter stepping.

Jim Hurley