[Q] Windows compiled applications and the Task Bar

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 31 13:19:57 EDT 2009

Shao Sean wrote:
> I only have access to Mac OS X so am not able to test this myself, but
> do Windows compiled Rev applications show all their open windows in
> the task bar or just the parent window?

Only those which are visible and toplevel.  Palettes aren't shown there,
nor are windows which are open but have their visible set to false.

This is handy in at least one app I'm working on, where I wanted to
provide the ability to collapse any single window to the Task Bar but if
the user collapses the main window I want only the main window in the
Task Bar.  But trapping it iconifyStack message in the main window and
using that to hide all of the secondary windows I was able to get what I
want.  This is pretty much what the Rev IDE does to, and helps keep the
Task Bar somewhat tidy.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World