Another "How to do this in a Revlet?" thread

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 31 13:15:47 EDT 2009

Jim Ault wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>>> http://www.capellan2000.000space.com/graphics_transformations_01.zip
>>
>> I wish I go see it, but when I click it I wind up here:
>> <http://swiftphp.com/notify/2.php>
>
> My browser (Firefox/3.5.3 GTB6 in OSX 10.5 )  initiates and
> successfully downloads the file  'graphics_transformations_01.zip'

Ultra-weird:  in Safari it downloads the file correctly, but in Firefox
3.5.3 on OS X 10.5.8 it went to the URL I noted.

So I updated FF to v3.5.4, and after doing so it warned me that I needed
to also update Flash Player, so I did.  Then I updated the five FF
extensions I normally run with, then disabled all of them, restarted FF,
and it still brings me to that other URL.

If it were forwarding me to some spam site I might suspect a virus, but
the site it goes to is rather innocuous, so I'm not so sure.  Also, the
behavior persists even after updating FF and disabling extensions, so
I'm disinclined to think it's a modified FF or FF prefs/settings issue.

Still, since it works in Safari obviously this issue is specific to
something in my FF setup.  But what?

Anyone else here see this behavior?

--
  Richard Gaskin