RevMedia Woes

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 30 23:51:59 EDT 2009

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:08:05 -0700 (PDT)
> From: capellan <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: RevMedia Woes
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

> Hi Jim,
>

> James Hurley wrote:
>>
>> I don't know if this is related, but I have found that there is a
>> significant increase in speed in going from Rev IDE on Mac OS to the
>> revLet see discussion below.
>> I've been waiting for some clarification from Rev.
>> [snip]
>> go url "http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/OnRevGraphicTimer.rev"
>> And on the Web, go to
>> http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/OnRevTimer/test.html
>>

> In the first card, the speed i see in my browser ranges from 289
> milliseconds
> to 450 milliseconds. Oddly enough, there are too many variations of
> speed
> among repetitions that  i dont know which of these speed is the most
> reliable measure.

[Snip]

> Alejandro
> --

Yes, I find a great deal of variation as well.

The most troublesome thing about Rev animation for me is the basic
inability to move an object slowly and smoothly across the screen.

No matter what combination of number of points, type of looping
method, or loop timing, I always get a herky-jerky motion.

This is a problem in the the desktop and is aggravated in the RevLet.

It is noticeable on Rev's web site: http://revmedia.runrev.com/revMedia/
Notice, for example, the animation of: move image "Rev Icon" to the
points of graphic "Curve"

There is an app for the iPhone called FlightControl in which a number
of planes are moving asynchronously  across the screen. The motion is
PERFECTLY smooth. It is a beautiful thing to watch. I wouldn't attempt
this in Rev.  Animation has not been a priority for Rev--and rightly
so. They have bigger fish to fry.

Jim Hurley