[ANN]My stuff is moving...

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Fri Oct 30 18:15:11 EDT 2009

The new library is quite a lot more developed. One big difference is
that it uses curl (via libRevCurl), rather than it's own http/socket
routines.
That may or may not be a problem in any given application - for
instance, Windows doesn't have curl as part of it's normal
installation, while OS X and most Linuxes do (curl is available for
windows, though).

One advantage of curl wrt to Rev and AWS is that it makes it possible
to run transfers (potentially a lot) in parallell.

The reason I've put the new AWS libs up there is that I was waiting
until I'd done some decent docs, and though I still intend to, I
don't think I'm going to have time to do it very soon, so I thought
I'd put them up there for those who don't mind figuring out a certain
amount of stuff for themselves.

I'll certainly be able to answer queries via email or on the list.
But docs are hard!

Best,

Mark Smith