revEnterprise dp-5 / revMedia beta / revWeb beta

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 05:48:09 EDT 2009

--- On Thu, 10/29/09, Richard Miller <wow at together.net> wrote:

> Richard (or anyone else),
>
> In the "known issues" section (http://revmedia.runrev.com/frequently-asked-questions/known-issues/)
> covering Revmedia, it is stated that "go in window of stack"
> will be fixed shortly. What do you interpret this
> functionality to mean? It obviously doesn't relate to "go to
> card x", since that works fine now.
>
> Thanks.
> Richard Miller

Hi Richard,

Using 'go stack "OtherStack" in the window of this stack" you can go to another stack without leaving the current window - it's as if the target stack window opens in the same rectangle as the original stack and then the original stack window closes, but without the actual opening and closing of windows.

Just give it a try:
- create a new stack "MyMain"
- drop in a button "Go sub" with script
on mouseUp
  go stack "MySub" in the window of this stack
end mouseUp
- create a new substack "MySub"
- drop in a button "Go main" with script
on mouseUp
  go stack "MyMain" in the window of this stack
end mouseUp

Now play around with it, and you'll see that the same window remains open and you're just hopping back and forth seamlessly between the mainstack and substack.

To me, this sounds like the best interim solution for revlets' inability to open new windows for substacks - and it certainly fits in with the AJAX paradigm of modifying the current page rather than loading a whole new page.

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====