revEnterprise dp-5 / revMedia beta / revWeb beta

Malte Pfaff-Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu Oct 29 19:50:49 EDT 2009

Richard wrote:

> A nice a flourish as those stack windows were, offhand I can't think
> of anything I would truly need to use them for that I can't do with
> a group on the card in a way that looks and feels a bit more like a
> web app.

Well, I must admit I miss them much, especially for business apps.
This was (and I hope will be at some point) that made Rev shine in
comparison to flex apps. Actually for me it was a real Revolution to
be able to break out of the browser box from within the browser. Key
selling point for one of my clients: Being able to bring up a complex
modal dialog that blocks the currently running handler until the modal
dialog is closed. A modal stack that might be bigger than the current
viewing canvas allows.  No need to refresh the page for it and being
able to guaranty a minimum window size. This was a real wow effect
that made one of my clients really want to switch flex made apps to
rev. With the removal of the feature the rev versions are becoming
more  unlikely to happen. *sigh*

Throws in a euro cent.

Cheers,

Malte