OT -- AppleScript Help

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Oct 29 01:03:09 EDT 2009

More clues this afternoon:

I have  a stack that builds daily blog entries. I read and write from
the server, and move a lot of files around... I have in one of my
utilities stack a script that let's me pull photos from collections and
move them into the folder where I build the blog content.

I use this:

global gCurrentFolder,gDestinationFolder, glastLine
on mouseUp
   revCopyFile  (gCurrentFolder& fld "currentImage"), (gDestinationFolder)
  -- put gCurrentFolder &cr &gDestinationFolder & cr &the result
   select line gLastline of fld "fileList"
   send postImage to fld "filelist"
end mouseUp

suddenly today I am getting "execution error" in the result.

revCopyfile I believe uses appleScript or AppleEvents under the hood...
which make me suspicious because another routine I have uses rename:

  repeat for each line theFile in tFiles
       rename file  (TAKADirectory&theFile) to (gArchiveFolder& theFile)
          --put the result
    end REPEAT
    ## Move slideshows -- entire folders
    put the folders into tFolders
    repeat for each line theFolder in tFolders
        if char 1 to 2 of theFolder ="ss" then # it is a slide show
           rename folder (TAKADirectory&theFolder) to (gArchiveFolder&
theFolder)

    end if
end REPEAT

and this works perfectly well.

It's as if over night Applescript is no longer happy with some I/O
routines...because both "open alias" and "revCopyFile" are now failing,
together, "same time, same station."  and since I did nothing on my
box.. I'm asking admin here if they did some kind of upgrade to the
network or the server...