OT -- AppleScript Help

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Oct 28 18:50:11 EDT 2009

Volume is mounted, no question there

working in ScriptEditor.app just to make sure first...

tell application "Finder"
	choose folder
end tell

I get results

"alias "Varuna:Ekadanta Kulam:Database:EMBs:3675 Amravadee Kownden:"

I copy and paste that to

tell application "Finder"
 open alias "Varuna:Ekadanta Kulam:Database:EMBs:3675 Amravadee Kownden:"
end tell

Her folder doesn't open. Results: "missing value"

what is strange is: this was working 4 days ago..