time processing with data grid form

mario rossi fragiu12 at live.it
Tue Oct 27 11:48:03 EDT 2009

Hi all

I am using a datagrid form with a query from a db.

The query result is about 10000 records.

Each line in the form has an arrow which you can click to expand the line and to read other information about the record (with another query).

If I set the dgProp[fixed row height] to false (to expand the row) the time necessary to populate the datagrid is greater than the dgProp[fixed row height] is true. However it takes always a lot of time.

Is there another solution to populate the datagrid?

(I tried to use the cursor db and the technique to display large amount of data described in bluemango manual, but the result doesn't change)

Thanks in advance

Francesco