Sending keyDown

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 26 17:23:04 EDT 2009

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> There is a sentence at the bottom of the "pass" entry in the dictionary:
>

> Important!   You cannot use the pass command to pass a message that was
> originally sent with the send command.
>
> You cannot pass "pass" if it was sent with "send". Is there a hint here?
> Jacques?

I think so. Built-in commands and functions do not traverse the message
path. They go directly to the engine, which is what gives Rev such a
speed boost over HC and which is also why you can't intercept a built-in
message by trapping it with a handler. Therefore, when you send a native
message specifically to an object, it does not travel the path past that
object.

But then, if that's the case, why does "beep" traverse the path? (You
verified that, right? I haven't. I'm being all theoretical here.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com