Dispatch-Sending keyDown

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 09:50:18 EDT 2009

Mark.

A char typed into a field is actually written via a "keyDown" message
reaching the engine. It doesn't just appear there via some other mechanism. At
least that is what I believed. How it gets there is a matter of choice. This
all seems like what I would consider "normal handling".

So I just wanted to know why I could not send that message explicitly, by
hand. You can in HC, and I wondered why you could not in Rev. Why would it
not continue along, like all other messages:

on sendBeep
   send "beep" && 3 to this stack
end sendBeep

This works fine. What is the thing about keyDown? In other words, what is
the difference, trying to understand the way things work. If your point is
that the message is stopped for some reason if I intercept it and send it
rather than passing it to the engine, then I am really confused.

I am with Richard in thinking it is some sort of bug.

Craig Newman