Exact number of a radio button in a group

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Oct 25 16:33:56 EDT 2009

What about using custom properties? You would set a property (e.g. CID) for
each of the four buttons in a group to A, B, C or D and then use a script in
the group something like this...

on mouseUp
  if the cID of the target = "B" then
    doStuff
  end if
end mouseUp

...to react when the user clicked the correct answer.

This way you could simply copy and paste your group to create a new set of
options, change the labels of the buttons to whatever you wanted and only
have a single script to deal with for each group.

Alternatively, you could use a single handler in all groups to catch the
group name and the button property and pass these to a stack handler that
deals with all you groups...

on mouseUp
    doStuff (the short name of the owner of the target),(the cID of the
target)
end mouseUp

And then in the stack script...

on doStuff grpName,btnID