Goofy Tip #57

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 13:38:52 EDT 2009

Why '57'?  Well here's a clue:

http://www.geocities.com/stl_owen/heinz.html

Anyway . . .

Suppose you see somebody else's stack which features
a really groovy backgroundColor but is not one with
an obvious name such as "blue". Then you can just do
this:

on mouseUp
   set the backgroundColor of fld "fXXX" to the backgroundColor of card
"cZZZ"
end mouseUp

and then save your field on a stack of your own for future
reference.

Not quite as 'goofy' as one might think as I have been worrying
for a while about how to temporarily change the backgroundColor
of a field while I export a screenshot.

In the latest Beta of my Sanskrit Typewriter I have set the text entry
field's backgroundColor to a sort of mushroomy grey to save
end-user's eyes; but also want an option to export screenshots of the
text field with a white background:

on mouseUp
   set the backgroundColor of fld "fTextENTRY" to white
   export snapshot from fld "fTextENTRY" to file "TextEXPORT.png" as PNG
   set the backgroundColor of fld "fTextENTRY" to the backgroundColor of
fld "fMyColour"
end mouseUp