Nice article series in NetWorkWorld

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sat Oct 24 11:21:45 EDT 2009

 > > http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/46237
>
> and the two previous articles!

Mark Gibbs is a good guy. He's actually played with Rev before, but he's
clearly impressed by all the new improvements.

> in the first one, they say "HyperCard also had its own
> language called HyperTalk, which eventually evolved into
> Apple's AppleScript."
>
> not true, IMHO...
> instead of deploying hypertalk at the system level, they
> reinvented the wheel -- and made something less usable (think
> of variable type nightmare, and obscure errors ;->)

I don't think his statement is really untrue. There were similarities and
when AS came out, there was a strong push to promote it to folks already
familiar with HyperCard. I haven't touched AS in so long though, I have no
idea what sort of monster its become. Is anyone actually using AS with the
interface builder provided by Apple?

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President