Dispatch-Sending keyDown

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 14:57:11 EDT 2009

Richard and Richmond:

The R word notwithstanding, I am working with the "send" and "dispatch"
commands as they pertain to the "keyDown" message. I have had no luck getting
these messages to the engine, however hard I try. I am trapping "keyDown" for
other purposes, but then want to pass it along so it can tell Rev to write
the char.

Richard Gaskin claims he can do so with "dispatch", though not with "send",
as in:

send "keydown" && tKeyJustPressed to this stack
dispatch "keydown" to this stack with tKeyJustPressed

There are workarounds. I just want to know why it fails.

Craig Newman